Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Surgery, surgery, surgery

Okay, I have a lot to say, but I really don't feel like typing it all out.

Nate was cleared to return to work this morning with no restrictions from his surgeon. This really upset me. Poor Nate still can't sit comfortably or bend over and he can return to work 12 hour shifts with no restrictions?

Well, that was short lived. When he went from one appointment to another (his employee health return to work appointment) the PA at the hospital was shocked that he was released to come back, and she put a stop to it. After all, he is still requiring dressing changes and has a huge gap in his back side. She said that he could only work 8 hour shifts and no more then 3 shifts per week. She also said that he was restricted from lifting and bending. Thank God.

That's that.

Now me...on the other hand...since I fell down the steps I have been having problems with er....my "back door." And I had to see, by referral of my primary care physician, a colorectal surgeon today who so graciously gave me the news that I needed to have a colonoscopy performed prior to my laproscopy on the 27th. So I will be put under anesthesia twice in 3 days. Not to mention that Nate is scheduled to work the night before my colonoscopy, so will have to suffer though the bowel prep the day before alone. :(

The surgeon today really thinks that he will find something that will effect how my GYN will perform my scope. Lovely. Just stinkin' lovely.

Luckily, I have an awesome sister who will be coming up on the day of my colonoscopy to pick Ty up from preschool and entertain him that afternoon. And Randy will be getting Ty a day early since I have to be at Carroll County General at 6:15 am on thursday. I sure am going to miss Ty that week. :(

Living the dream: NOT looking forward to the bowel prep. At all.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Well, you'll probably lose a few pounds....And a good "cleaning out" never did anyone any harm....

Let me see this when it's my turn to have one....