Saturday, March 29, 2008

Day 2

I do not feel much better then I did the day of surgery. I can still feel this gas inside of me that moves and gurgles when I move. It's a horrible feeling. I still can't sit up easily by myself. I am so glad that my MIL is here to be with me. Nate comes home from work exhausted, so to ask him to help me beyond the first half hour that he is home would make me feel guilty.

I feel like I over did it yesterday, I went from upstairs to downstair to eat dinner, and then Nate needed his dressing changed (Yes, I am still doing that) so I needed to at least show his mom how to do it now, so I went back upstairs only to go back downstairs to watch a movie for a while before going upstiars to bed. But all of that was done over a few hours, it wasn't like I was running back and forth. Plus, I waited WAY too long between my pain meds. I was able to wait 7 1/2 hours, and I am allowed to take 2 pills every 4-6. Trust me, I won't make that mistake again.

Nate was pretty insistent that I call the doctor today because I shouldn't be in this much pain. But all I can think of them saying is..."It's the gas." Am I vomiting? No. Am I bleeding? No. What are they going to do? I feel like one moment Nate makes me feel like I am not being pro active enough with this pain, and then the next i am making too big of a deal about it. Oh Well. he's tired, and I am sure he doesn't like seeing me feel this bad.

That's the update for today. I am going to lay down now.

No comments: