Monday, March 31, 2008

Pain Meds and Problems

I have a love/hate relationship with my percocet. Last night after my MIL left and Nate went to work I figured if I took 2 and layed down I would fall asleep peacefully without pain. Apparently my body has started to react differently to the meds since I have been trying to stop taking as much of it. I was WIDE awake until 3am. I was rip roarin' and ready to go. Plus I needed to be ready to leave my 7:30 (ish) to go to Dr. B's.

Fast forward to that...my sutures were removed. I feel better with them gone, they were getting too tight. But Dr. B made me feel like such a wimp. I told him that I was still very uncomfortable and have had a totally different experience with this whole surgery then I have in the past. I just feel like crap. Bloated, itchy, crampy, crap. He was not sympathetic. I guess he hears it all day long..so why am I different?

Nate and I seem to be going through a weird phase in our relationship. I don't know. He's working constantly. I don't seem to be doing anything right (long story) and when he asks how I feel (pain and post surgery wise) and I tell him the truth and then I don't go rushing to the ER because I am in pain he gets frustrated with me because he feels like I am being difficult. I just had surgery, I don't need to go to the ER and tell them I am in pain, I should be in pain. It wasn't virtual surgery, you know?

Then to make matters worse my engagement ring requires a check up every 6 months. Nate bought my ring on the 17th of March last year. I had it checked in September like I was supposed to. And he bought it at Jared's so there is only one within driving range, but it is still an hour away. (There is a Jared in VA too) But earlier this month he reminded me that my ring check was coming up soon...and I knew that,,,but honestly it slipped my mind. I mean, Nate's surgery was 2/12 and I feel like I have been going non stop with one thing or another since then. Well, last night I remembered and I looked up the terms of the contract, hoping that there would be like a one to 2 week grace period or something. Well that wasn't the case. The inspection has to be done in the calender MONTH...so if he bought it on the first day of the month or the last...it can only be checked in that month which means TODAY is the last day or the extended warranty (which he paid dearly for) is void. When I brought it up yesterday with Nate he had a very" I told you so" approach to the conversation. In my defense it's not like I have had nothing going on and it honestly slipped my mind. Knowing Nate, since he was taking me to the doctor in the morning which prevented him from sleeping since he works tonight as well...I knew he would be mad if I made him drive me to the docs but I could drive myself down to Towson later in the day. I really didn't want to drive that far by myself since I still do feel like crap, but I don't want to void 9 years of a warranty on a very expensive piece of jewelry.

So Nate insisted that we would go down to Towson after we picked Ty up from PreSchool. That puts me in a TOTAL lose-lose situation. If we don't do the inspection he will be upset, especially down the road if something happens to the ring, and if we do go then Nate only gets like 4 hours of sleep after being up all night last night and needing to be up all night tonight as well.

Well as it turns out we were pretty much in and out of Dr. B's so we went right from Westminster to Towson, dropped my ring off (now I won't get it back until friday because we couldn't wait for it and I don't think I will be ready to drive that distance before then alone) and then made it back to York in time to pick Ty up. Nate was in bed by noon, and slept until 5:30. I made dinner, which he didn't eat. And of course I have been waiting all day to have a bowel movement (I know, I know WAY too much information) but Ty was in one bathroom and Nate was in the other when I had that sudden urge so I asked Nate if I could come in if he was finished and all he said was "don't we have 2 bathrooms?" I almost started crying right there because he caught me SO off guard with that. I explained that Ty was in the other one so he walked out.

Nate has had the opportunity to pick up a lot of extra shifts in April too. Between his regular shifts and what he has picked up he only has like 5 nights off in the whole month. One of those nights is the 10th...our first anniversary. He told me today that he had the opportunity to pick up the 10th and some other night too. I don't know if he was expecting me to get upset of what, but all I asked was if it was his goal to just work every night in the month of April? All he said was that it is his goal to pay off debt. Okay. So like I said...I am not too sure what is going on here but I don't like the way it feels.

I know we will be fine, but this just kind of hurts right now.

I didn't hear anything from my atty today, so I am anxiously awaiting some news or paperwork from Randy's lawyer here soon. I'll be sure to inform.

No comments: