Sunday, May 25, 2008

What was I thinking?

I am SO beat right now. I went to work Friday morning at 7am...worked until 7am Saturday morning. I went home, took a shower, slept for an hour and a half, got up. Drove to Hanover...I was there from 10:30am until 7pm. I was shooting a wedding yesterday. I have to say that it was SO much fun, but I don't feel bad anymore charging $1500 for a wedding. After paying my assistant, and paying for the proof book...what's left of that $1500 is almost not worth the amount of work it involves. After the event I had over 1200 pictures to sort, edit, rename, etc. Luckily I am working today, so I am technically getting paid to edit these pics too...but I am still running calls and am busy at my "normal" job today too. But that's not the crazy part. Oh, no. The crazy part is that while I was at the reception last night my boss called me and said that there was a call-out last night and he could use me for any part of the shift from that time (4pm) and when I come on at 7am tomorrow. I made it clear that I was not going to leave the wedding reception early for it, but I would be in as soon as I could. So I left the reception a little after 7pm for the hour drive home, just in time to catch a shower, change into my uniform, and head into work by 9:30pm last night. Yes, I have technically been working non stop (with the exception of the hour and a half "nap" I took yesterday morning) since 7am Friday.

I am tired and sore. I never thought stooping down to take pictures ALL day long would be so hard on my body! But I can't wait to do the other weddings that I am contracted for this summer! Apparently there were a few people at that wedding that are getting married at some point this year too...so who knows? I also let the bride and groom know that for any wedding that I book off of theirs I would give them $100 in print credit. They were happy about that.

So, I am going back to editing my pictures now.

No comments: