Sunday, June 1, 2008

Maybe not...

Okay, so Nate and I drove to VA yesterday to start going through and sorting the 20 some years of "things" at his mothers house to prepare for this move. We figured, if we can make it down there once a month, that's still only 12 days to go through an entire house of stuff to pack and sort. It was weird because his father was there and the man has no idea what's coming to him...but he never even asked why we were there ALL day om the basement going through containers and boxes.

So his mom and I go out to get dinner and on the way to pick it up we start talking. She kept dropping hints that she though one year would be too soon for her to leave. I was totally like...if you know this is happening, if this is what you want, and you have an entire YEAR to get things in line, what's the problem? Plus I told her that Nate has it in him that she going with us, like it or not. He feels that she needs a push and doens't want to leave her in VA alone.

Well, me being the person that I am was VERY nieve to her hesitations until it hit me. I suddenly interupted her in the middle of one of her sentences and belted out..."wait, you are suddenly being insistent on not wanting to go after a few weeks of being gung-ho about this, you met someone didn't you?" And she couldn't contain herself anymore. She was so releived and said..."I didn't want to tell anybody, but yeah..."

And now before me is a 50 year old woman that was so happy and giddy that I couldn't not be happy for her. Listening to her talk about how she is starting to feel feelings that she has repressed for so long made me feel relieved that her husband didn't destroy her forever. They haven't gone on a real date or anything, but they have been talking on the phone and e mailing. It's someone that she has known for 30 some years, they lost touch and then ran into each other by chance. I love stories like that. She really didn't want me to tell Nate because she is concerned about how her children will react to this...so I told him last night to not count on her moving with us just yet because we talked and she has a lot going on...but we'll see what happens.

She wants me to go with her to the consultations that she is making with lawyers. She said she liked the questions that I had for her and she never even thought of asking an atty half those things, and she doesn't want to get screwed. So, I'll go with her whenever she wants me to so I can help in any way I can.

I have to admit, I am kinda bummed because I so wanted her to move with us. I thought it would have been fun. But, things happen for a reason and that woman deserves to be happy, so if this is what it takes then so be it.

No comments: