Monday, May 5, 2008

Thank you!

I'd like to thank whom ever it was that returned my sweet sweet son. Today he was a SAINT. I was dragging that boy from pillar to post today and all the while he had a smile on his face. He even cooperated during my 6 week post op visit to Dr. Ballas today...Dr B could not believe he was 4...he said he would have guessed he was 6!

So I got a phone call today from my boss, I let him leave a message so he could set the tone and vibe for all this mess. He seemed in uppity spirits so I thought he might have some options for me...but something tells me my options will be to go per diem, or quit. Also, this other job I thought to be holding out for at the company was technically posted today and...well...lets just say I am glad I didn't get my hopes up. The annual salary would be around $25,000 with no overtime potential. That would be an ENORMOUS pay cut for me, so I think I'll pass...listen to me, talking as if it was offered to me in the first place.

I dropped an application off today at one place and I am calling another tomorrow to see what I would need to do to submit an application there. Nate thinks I should go for a photographers position at like Picture People or something but do you know what they pay? AAAANNNNDDDD I can kiss my photography business goodbye. What a HUGE conflict of interest that would be, plus I hate the quality (or lack there of...) of their pictures, they are so posed...and what they charge people, I don't think I could handle taking people's money for what they charge...so, no thanks.

I am looking forward to spending an evening with Nate tomorrow...it's his ONLY day off this week...we have exciting plans to go grocery shopping! We sure have come a long way since adventurous Fiji. I think Nate is starting to stress out over my job situation. Every time I look at him when he is awake he is calculation something on the Microsoft Money program we have and he hasn't ever really checked it before unless it was while he was actually paying the bills. We really payed off a lot of stuff before this set back. It helps though that Ty's preschool is done and that will save us $290 a month, that's like a car payment, you know? And we just payed off another credit card and with the tax rebate coming we are paying off another. We have a few things around a grand each and then we get into the big bucks...we have a few in the 5G range and then the monster coming in at 16G's..if we can get everything paid off but the 16 grand, we can get that one paid down in no time if we can just transfer all the money that we are used to paying on everything else. Even with what we have paid off we are still paying out the same each month because we use the money that the one that's paid to go towards the next one, and so on...that way as time goes by we can pay off things faster. But my job situation might put that to a halt and we might just have to pay minimums for a while and I HATE that.

Oh well...things happen for a reason right?

No comments: