Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend in Review...Happy Monday

We had a pretty good weekend. It was really nice to have some time with Nate when he's awake during the day. I feel like we reconnected a lot.

The day at the harbor was nice. My only peeve is that Nate paid for everything. His sister paid for nothing...which also means that he paid for her. We even went to dinner where she wanted to go. Hard Rock Cafe. It was for his Mother's birthday and we went where she wanted to go.

I don't know if it was the way I was raised or what. Spending money while we are trying so hard to pay off debt is hard for me. The dinner was $150. I would spend that in a heart beat for his mom..so I don't know why that bothers me that it included his sister. Something about the $12 alcoholic drink bothered me too. I don't know...I need to get over it. Okay, I'm over it.

The Body Worlds 2 exhibit was very interesting. Some of the bodies were slightly disturbing. I just can't believe what they did to some of them. There was one guy who was cut sagitally (Like sliced from head to toe in 2 inch segments. The skin was still on his face and all.

I would have to say that I was getting really ticked at the high school students from the locally underprivileged areas visiting the exhibit. They were so disrespectful. Example...there was a man posed hanging from gymnast rings. His body was displayed to show all the major muscle groups. He, as everyone else on display...was naked and these kids were gawking and literally hollering "oh shit, is that his thing!" (pointing to his penis) Mmmmkay. Show some respect.

Fast forward to saturday, we went up to Hershey to Chocolate World and the Zoo up there. There was a reason that I never went to the Zoo America up there, but I didn't know it until we went here. It was awful. But it was a nice day.

Picking Ty up yesterday was a fiasco for a while. I am so sick and tired of Randy thinking he is doing me all sorts of favors. You see, his parents are REFUSING to meet me since he was served. I guess they hate me now. Anyway, I was to meet him sunday at 5pm since he would be unable to take Ty to school on monday and his parents won't meet me monday morning. Well, Randy had Ty so excited ALL week last week for an Oriole game sunday and we were meet after that. But excuse after excuse he didn't take Ty, then he felt bad about it and demanded that I meet him later then 5pm and I refused. No, sorry. I planned my day around picking him up at 5pm...not later. ( I really didn't have anything planned, but he didn't need to know that...I am sick of bending over backwards for him. ) So we ended up meeting at 5pm anyway but not after arguing about it for several hours. Hmmm couldn't that have been time well spent with Ty?

Today was busy...I took Ty to preschool...had a fantastic morning with my husband, picked Ty up and then we went out t Rad Lobster (Ty and I can eat at Red Lobster for $3 more then McD's, I can't help it and Ty LOVES it.) Then we ran a ton or errands. He actually asked to get a haircut. Coming from a child that screams like he is being stabbed repeatedly when he is having it cut I took the opportunity and ran with it. He told the lady he wanted it spiked. He was so cute. She didn't cut it short enough to spike it exactly like he wanted, but I didn't want it totally short either. So we are both happy. Then we came home and watched 101 Dalmations and made a great dinner then Nate went to work and Ty and I snuggled in bed and watched part of National Treasures and then he went to bed. Great Day.

Okay, that's enough for now. I am actually quite tired. Good night.

No comments: