Sunday, April 20, 2008

Pathetic

This is simply pathetic. I was just browsing through the help wanted section of our newspaper and I found this job posted...

Full Time EMT (That's what I do now...)
"XYZ" Fire and Ambulance Company is currently accepting applications for full time work in the field.

Applicants MUST have each of the following for consideration:
PA EMT Certification (I have that)
Valid Motor Vehicle License (I have that)
CPR/ADE (ARC/AHA) Certification (I have that)
Hazmat Operations (I Have that)
Emergency Vehicle Opperations Course Completed (Got it)
Annual Bloodborne Pathogen Certification (Got it)
HIPPA Compliance Training (Took it, Passed it)
NIMS 100/700 (I completed that too...)

The EMT will provide emergency medical support by responding to emergencies, stabilizing, and transporting patients, and maintaining equipment and supplies.


The successful applicant will earn $11.50 per hour and paid leave available after one year.


Okay, I'm sorry. But that's pathetic. Why in the hell did I ever decide to persue this as a career? $11.50 an hour for all those requirements. Pathetic.

No comments: