Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday Sunday

I have a love/hate relationship with sundays. It's the last day of the week I work. But it depends on the work load that I have that sets the stage for the rest of the week for me. If I am very busy and up all night I don't usually recover until tuesday or so because of having to be up with Ty from Monday on. But whatever.

It seems every shift I get increasingly more frustrated with a lot of different things. I can't really get into them, but I am getting pretty tired of all the crap.

I got an order from my last photo shoot....I will make a little over a hundred dollars, so that makes me happy!

Nate went out and purchased a speedlight for my camera for the wedding that I have coming up in May. That gives me time to actually learn how to use it. That thing is more complicated then my camera. It's a $600 light that attached to the shoe mount on the top of my camera. But Nate bought it because with his one credit card we got a big discount and 3 months no interest, so I will take some of the money I am making from the wedding to pay it off completely by the end of next month.

I figured with what I have booked now...I got the speedlight with some of the profit from the first one. The next one I will be able to get a new camera (Mine is getting up there in shutter releases and needs to be replaced very soon) and then the other 2 I have this year (so far) I will tuck the money away for vacations. I figured I will have enough to book Nate and I on a nice little scuba diving trip for a few days in the Bahamas or some place relatively "local." I would LOVE to go on the Honduras trip that we had planned before Nate had to have surgery, but there is only a one week window that he wants to go in, and I don't want to book that trip by myself. I would also love to go to Bonaire, but the flights right now out there are outrageous!

I get to meed Randy's girlfriend/fiance/whatever you want to call her tomorrow. I am SO excited (sarcasm noted, right?) I am meeting them at the inner harbor and I am taking Ty to the Aquarium for the day so he can at least do ONE fun thing during his spring break since his surgery is Tuesday. So, Randy suggested that we just meet down there since his GF hasn't seen the harbor yet.

I found out some very interesting things about this girl. My first fun fact is that she isn't even a citizen. (can I smell a work visa about to expire and that's why a wedding is being planned? Hmmmm?) Her entire family, including siblings are still in the Philippines. Apparently, now Randy wants to retire in "somewhere in the south pacific. It's good to know that he is broadening his white trash roots and has decided to dream of retiring somewhere other then Middle River in a shack on the murky Chesapeake. But still. I told him that would be great! Why doesn't he just leave now! Dare to dream, I suppose.

Anyway, I am regressing....tomorrow should be fun. Nate would come with us, but he has to work from 7p to 11p tomorrow night, after working from 7p to 7a tonight into tomorrow. He has to work that 4 hour shift tomorrow, it was the only way he could get off in time to go with me to Hershey Tuesday morning with Ty and then have Tuesday night off as well.

But first I have to make it through today. Hopefully it will be a better shift then friday. Ick.

No comments: