Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Registration

After today it's official...Ty is registered for Kindergarten! Where did the time go?

He did really well on their readiness test...apparently he knew things that I didn't even know he knew! They sent everyone home with a book bag with reading assignments and skills practice to work through during the summer and it even had a book included...it's called Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. It's kind of cool!

When we were pulling in to the parking lot of the school I was kind of sad and nervous...so I asked Ty..."are you ready? are you nervous? With a huff he sighs and says "gimme a break Mom." Okey Dokey. That gave me an ounce of perspective.

In other news I applied for a job last night. It's working for Penn State (York) as the staff assistant to the professors in the Astronomy and Astrophysics Department. I don't know if I'll even get considered. According to their requirements for the job I meet them...so we'll see. If I do then I will start taking classes (Mucho discount on the tuition)


Tomorrow is my anniversary. My first anniversary and I will actually BE with my husband. ( For those of you that know me...my first anniversary I was home alone while my husband drove 4 hours away to spend the night with his father to fight a DUI his father had gotten several weeks earlier )

We are just having a low key night. But I rented a local hotel room with a jacuzzi tub. I am very excited about that! But I am back to work at 7am on Friday morning. (bummer)

No comments: