Sunday, April 27, 2008

Room 6037

Yep...room 6037. That's where I am sitting, eating an egg mcmuffin, sippin' on a coke at 9am on a rainy sunday morning. Are we celebrating our anniversary yet again? Nope. I was supposed to work today. I would love to say that I decided to call out and spend the day with my husband...oh wait, I did that. Except instead of enjoying the day in a jacuzzi tub and watching movies, I am sitting here watching my husband trying to rest with his pressure support bands on his ankles, and his i.v pumping him with antiemetic drugs. Yes folks, my husband is admitted to York Hospital.

Yesterday started like any other saturday. We were planning of driving to VA after we both got some rest when we got off at 7am. I slept until about 11am and Nate was already up. That was weird for him but I didn't think much of it. Then he began having extreme abdominal pain and vomiting. He spiked a fever and asked to go to the ER. Ne NEVER asks to go to the ER.

Off we go to York Hospital, they drew labs before he was even taken back to the treatment area. By the time he went back the results already came in. His white count was elevated, as well as his RBC's. Not good.

THe ER attending had surgery consult him who admitted him for his persistent nausea, pain, vomiting, and labs. Luckily at that point there was no reason to rush him into surgery...and there still hasn't been a need...yet.

The surgeon just made his rounds in here and is thinking Nate needs to be scoped. Colonoscopy. Man are we a healthy or what?

He looks horrible, all splotchy and pale. Luckily I don't get Ty until 11:30 tomorrow. I hope we know what's going on by then :(

No comments: