Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ho Hum...

We have had a very busy time here lately, but nothing too extraordinary to go into vast detail with.

Last Saturday Nate and I went hiking in Great Falls. It was very hot, but a lot of fun. It kind of felt like we were in Fiji again...when we hiked up the mountain. I managed to only fall once...but I have a hefty bruise on my knee and shin to prove it.

Sunday I started my new job. I think I am going to like it. After all my hesitation and anticipation of how bad it was going to be, I think it will be fine. It helps A LOT to know that this is only temporary. But by the end of my first shift the manager explained that I will be making $.50 more an hour then she initially quoted me when she hired me. I guess she was impressed.

This past monday we picked Ty up and then headed to the Country Club to go play in the pool. Ty discovered his mask and fins and snorkel. I am very excited by this, that means he will be interested in snorkeling excursions when we go on trips!

Tuesday we all went to Hershey Park...Me, Ty, Nate, Jenn, her kids and Mom. It was fun! I actually somehow acquired a tan on my face, but my legs are still pasty...I even broke my "no shorts" rule. Bummer.

Wednsday we relaxed. Period. But I did call the landlord about an unpleaseant odor that seems to be coming form somewhere in the dining area. I had gone thru the entire kitchen looking for something rotting or festering and was unsuccessful. I thought I had singled out the air conditioning unit, so I called him and told him that it smells like there is a dead animal in it, and he came over and insisted that it was the carpet...so when I told him that we have had several reoccuring stains he called his pro carpet cleaning lady and out she came and we got our whole first floor pro deep cleaned! That was awesome!

Then this morning we met up with a bunch of Ty's preschool buddies and we bowled for about 4 hours before I drove Ty down to his fathers house.

Phew. I am exhausted just thinking about how much we have done!

No comments: