Friday, November 7, 2008

Vow to blog more...

Today was an okay day. I feel rather productive because I managed to complete the task that I have given myself to do that I figured would take my entire recovery time, but it did not. I had hundreds of printed pictures of Ty that I had from before I owned a digital camera and they were all loose in a box. Well, not anymore. They are (in my best guess) in chronological order, nothing fancy...I am not patient enough to scrapbook...nor do I have the extra money right now to invest in all those scrapping supplies. So now I have been contemplating going into all the monthly folders that I have of Ty from the moment I bought a digital camera. Yes, I have a folder for each MONTH of each year that Ty has been with me since he was about 20 months old...and I'll tell you, it's a lot of pictures. But I think I decided to save that project for a time when Ty is with Randy for an extended period of time...like say, summers. And I am also waiting for the price of the picture books to come down. I want to do one of those hard covered, your pictures are really the pages, kind of books...and since they started to become popular and more and more companies can do them the price keeps going down. Part of me wants to do one for every year Ty is in school, but I don't know if I will be able to keep up with something like that, you know?

In other news, I am feeling rather terrific given the circumstances. I really couldn't imagine this being too much better then it is with the surgery. That makes me very happy since Ty was just diagnosed AGAIN today with strep. He has an appointment with an ENT on December the 3rd and it looks like his ton sills will be removed over his winter holiday break. Poor guy. Would it be mean if I confessed that I am kind of glad that this isn't 'my' year to have Ty for Christmas if he is going to be going through this. I am happy about it because I will end up with him more then I would have before this had to happen because of the circumstances.

I have decided to cook more after I get better. I have spent a lot of time on the Internet looking up healthy easy recipes and I am sick and tired of eating the same crap. It's just that I hate this house with the kitchen. I have literally 12 inches of counter space and that makes making any kind of decent meal really hard to make just due to lack of space. But I decided on a lifestyle change that took effect the day of my surgery because I want to be healthier and that won't come out of nuking lean cuisines every day. And I know that Nate and Ty will benefit too. So, I consider it a win-win situation.

The downside to that is while I am accumulating a nice stack of recipes, I am also accumulating a nice list of groceries. I am glad I am doing it now though because we have a 10% off coupon for Giant for their thanksgiving promo. So, that 10% will really be put to great use.

I would really like to start blogging on a more regular basis...I think it will keep me motivated to discuss my cooking trials and errors...I am sure there will be much more of the errors. I was not blessed by the betty crocker fairy like my sister.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Betty Crocker fairy?!?!

Oh come on!!

You're a great cook!!