Thursday, November 6, 2008

Post Surgery

I really can't complain about how I felt immediately after surgery. I felt much better then I expected...but then after I tried to go to sleep tonight, even with a humidifier in practically in my face I can't sleep. I just can't. My nose feels constricted with the swelling in the back of my mouth and breathing thru my mouth dries it and and it hurts t swallow so when my saliva accumulates in my mouth and I go to swallow in subconsciously I start to cough:: insert IMMENSE pain here: : So here I am, 2am and wide awake. Nate gave me benadryl...We should see if that will help.

I had to get some benedryl at the surgical center today because I was having a reaction to the pain meds that they gave me, and ironically enough it's the same pain meds that I got a prescription for. Lucky me. But I broke out in hives there, but don't seem to be having a problem with that now. Hmmmm.

Ty, well...he's another story. He has been the BIGGEST mother hen. If he ever becomes a big brother, I think he would do an excellent job. Anything I wanted he got. Even when I didn't say I wanted or needed anything he was asking me if he could get or do something for me.

My mother was astounded by how much he insisted on doing himself. I would ask her something and Ty would be like "No NO NO! I'll get it (or do it) for MY Mommy!" He would put his hand gently on my face and rub it and be like "you okay, Mommy?" So sweet.

I know it could be worse, but right now...I just want to get some sleep.

No comments: