Friday, January 25, 2008

Week in review...

I have had an incredible week this past week with Ty and my husband.

Nate ended up being put on call almost every night that he was supposed to work this week so I ended up having him home with me every night. It has been such a treat. Even tonight as I work he was put on call so he came to the fire station and we were fortunate enough to not have any calls and we enjoyed a movie together.

Ty has been such a pleasure. We ended up having a packed week. We enforced the sticker system that the therapist suggested and so far I have seen a night and day difference. Who would have thought...stickers? I didn't even know how much of a margin for improvement there was until this past week. I know that Ty is not the best child in the world, by far...but this past week has put a lot of perspective on things.

Ty and I traveled to Hershey Medical Center for his surgical consultation. Ty was diagnosed with Phimosis. This makes me sad. It's not a bad thing, per se...as long as it is corrected. Thank God he had that issue a few weeks ago, or it would have gone unnoticed for a while longer and the detriment factor of this could be much greater then it really is right now.

Surgery is scheduled for April 22nd. Not my prime idea of how I wanted to spend his spring break...but it's needed. He will have a circumcision and that should be the "cure."

Tuesday night Nate, Ty, and I went to see Diego Live. It was so cool and Ty loved it. It makes me want to take him to the theatre more often. I hope he will appreciate the arts as much as I do. Nate seemed to enjoy himself a bit as well.

No comments: